Monday, August 30, 2010

More Crafty Crafty Stuff and A Very Long Day

So, yesterday I had a sudden hot flash. It was weird. I thought I was going to go insane. Then, my feet swelled up and I developed some lovely cankles. I had just been noticing how skinny my ankles had stayed throughout this pregnancy. Well, hello, water retention. I cannot hide from the loveliness of the last few weeks of pregnancy. The cankles are still there today and don't look like any amount of propping up with help. I am officially ready to have this baby.

Today was a very long day. A long day of feeling like a failing parent, being frustrated, irritable, swollen, and just plain crazy. Aidan must sense the impending change because he is getting beyond difficult to manage right now. I feel like all I did today was discipline, or not discipline him when I needed to. He got a chair, climbed onto the counter, got some matches, lit one, and dropped it onto a candle. This happened while I turned my back for all of 60 seconds. I think it must have scared him a bit and hurt his finger a little because he was sure upset about it, as was I. I felt like a horrible parent, then I felt enraged. I am hoping that he is cured of that particular curiosity, but I fear not.

Nesting is my new passion in life. This afternoon I made granola and muffins. I also did 5 loads of laundry, made dinner, cooked up a bunch of ground beef and chicken, went grocery shopping, cleaned out the freezer, tidied up the pantry, and cleaned up the kitchen. I am now officially pooped, well sort of. I still have a few things to do....like eat cereal and get my crafting on. I am working on a blanket for the little one and it is not quite halfway done yet. I also have a few other projects in the works as well.

2 comments:

  1. again, you are ridiculous with the craftiness. i love these.

    hope your cankles feel better. there's nothing like the last part of pregnancy to make you want it all to be over with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. krista- i had no idea how creative you are! how did we not talk about this at mops? you are so inspiring. thinking of you as you get ready to meet this sweet baby & preparing to move!

    ReplyDelete