Monday, August 23, 2010

Here we go!

So, first day of baby blogging countdown.

What did we do?

Firstly, Seth left the house at 4am to catch his flight to Columbia, which set me on a weird pattern of sleeping and waking. Then, Aidan woke up at the crack of dawn, ran into my room, and said, "get up" in his bossy little voice. We made breakfast, I showered, and then took off for Mita's house. I dropped Aidan off and drove to the hospital for my meeting with the maternity coordinator.

Can I just say....I think I am going to like this hospital much better than the one I delivered Aidan at? I mean it's pretty much all just assumed at this point, but it seems like a great place to give birth.

Got done with my appointment, dropped some stuff at the library, picked up Aidan and some boxes. Boxes. For packing. Oh yeah, cause I am like totally going to pack up my whole house and move to South Carolina with a newborn and 2 year old. I need to really get moving on this stuff.

Ate some delicious eggs for lunch....and chips and salsa. Naptime was much needed. After naptime, Aidan helped me bring in the boxes and set up his new little drumset in the bathroom.

Aidan sang the Veggie Tales theme song for awhile while he played away on his drums. Then, we listened to Coldplay and "danced." Dancing for me has gotten a little awkward/difficult, but I held him and swayed. I figured if I started bouncing maybe the baby would come, so I just kept my grooving to a minimum.

We made a quick run to Whole Foods before dinner and then ate leftovers from the other night. Then, we had a fun little playdate with Oakley (the sweet little boy I watched for almost a year) and his momma. The boys had fun together especially now that Oakley has started walking. They left close to 7pm.

I cleaned up the kitchen, talked to Seth, picked up toys, and got the little booger face in bed.

Sweet little booger face.
Once the boy got off to bed, I started utilizing those nice boxes and packed a couple of them. If I do that every night I could pack like 14 boxes in a week.

Anywho, that's the scoop of the day. My back is a little achy, I just had a big contraction, and totally used the bathroom, got in my p.j.'s and washed my face while waiting for my pictures to upload. I thought about having my 3rd bowl of cereal too, but the pictures loaded just in time.

Now, I think I'll climb in bed with a glass of wine, my Bible, and my latest crocheting project and see how long I last.

Pics to come soon of all the craftiness I've been doing. I'll probably have to eat like 10 bowls of cereal while I wait for them to load though.

Goodnight all!

1 comment:

  1. glad you will be blogging so much...can't wait to read it all!

    ReplyDelete