Friday, August 27, 2010

Dear Baby Girl

Today was a long day. It is now 11:15 pm and I am just now sitting down to write you this letter. Your daddy is on his way home from South Carolina and I am afraid I will not be able to wait up for him.

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Wondering what in the world you will be like, look like, smell like, etc... I love looking at your little clothes and imagining your soft baby skin. It is truly getting hard to wait to meet you because I am just so excited about you.

You've been very still in there today baby girl, but you let me know you are there, waiting to meet me too, with your little hiccups and feet pressing against my side.

Today, I finished getting some of your things ready and it was fun. I plan to pack our bags for the hospital this weekend, just to be prepared. I also managed to walk to the park with your big brother and carry him part way home. You made it a little difficult to do so, but I managed well enough and just had to deal with an achy back for the rest of the evening. It probably didn't help that I scrubbed the bathroom and baked cookies after Aidan went to bed.

Sweet little baby, I have now shaved and painted my toe nails (to the best of my ability) and am ready for your arrival. I know that it may still be a few weeks, but at least my feet look fresh and pretty. I made you a few headbands tonight too and I can't wait for you to try them.

Tomorrow is a big day for me because we have someone coming to see our house, the house you will never really know. It is kinda sad because this will be the home we bring you to, but only for a short while. You will start your life in South Carolina, a new place for us all.

I want you to keep growing healthy and strong and come when you are good and ready...just don't make me wait too long. :)

I love you,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment