Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's Cookin' at Our House IV: Quick Meal

If you are pressed for a time, here's a great meal idea using the following:

Seth and I are big fans of Indian food and our fave restaurant is Korma Sutra (a small Indian restaurant with amazing service and food). I found this sauce at the local grocery store and loved that it was made without extra preservatives, sweeteners, or hydrogenated oils.

The meal was a quick fix. I had cooked up some chicken previously, so I just added that with the sauce and made some brown rice. Once the rice was ready, the chicken and sauce went on top. Add a quick salad and throw in some organic tortillas toasted and buttered, and you've got a great spicy meal. I had wanted to try my hand at making some homemade naan, but because I was crunched for time the tortillas were a great alternative and were perfect for dipping and scooping.

No comments:

Post a Comment