Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2 years- A letter to my boy



My dearest Seth Aidan,

I love your name and what it means: "appointed/chosen fire". You are such a strong personality and have brought such wonderful joy into our household. I had no idea how much love my heart would hold for you the day you were born and it has continued to grow so immensely that I wonder if I can hold it all. You have surpassed all my expectations and you have been such a refreshing part of my every day life. It has been a great learning experience these past two years, but I am so blessed to be your Momma and thankful to the Lord for the privilege he has bestowed on me.

You bring such joy to my heart on a daily basis and I love the way you love so freely. You have really become quite the affectionate one lately and you offer hugs and kisses willingly and openly. My heart melts when you sweetly turn your face up and kiss me on the cheek. You always have to kiss the "otha one" too and that just cracks me up.

You are talking and communicating so well that I can hardly keep up with your ever-expanding vocabulary. I love the way you say, "tan to, ma-ma" (thank you, ma-ma) when I give you something. Your voice is so sweet and pleasant to my ears.

You love love love music and have started "singing" songs a lot lately. You will sit on your chair with your toy guitar or microphone and just sing away. It is absolutely precious. Sometimes you will even stand up and stomp your foot to an imaginary beat. It is great!

You are a wonderful help to me on a daily basis and you are very sweet with Oakley. I am so impressed with your tenderness towards him and to your friends. You definitely have your moments of being rough, but you are mostly gentle and kind.

You love to clean! You are always very concerned about dirt in the house or on your hands or wherever. You like to sweep and wipe the floors. You enjoy washing yourself with washcloths and you love to help with the laundry. You are always excited to help with any task and I try to find ways to let you do so.

You also love to bake and you love dough! You help pour in ingredients and stir and turn on the mixer. You are an impatient little cook though because once things go in the oven you cry until they are ready to eat. You also love to play with playdough and will sit for a long time at the table to play.

You love to be outside. You enjoy the park and the sandbox. You also love to go on walks. I think you could live outdoors.

Aidan, there are absolutely no words to describe how wonderfully blessed I am to have you. I can't wait for this next year and the years to come as I get to know you more and more and see you grow up into a young man. I pray you will love the Lord and others with a tender heart.

I love you,

Momma

1 comment:

  1. Krista,

    I love your blog! I was friends with Seth in high school, but somehow stumbled across your writing. You are such a great mama and sound to be having such a blast! Keep up all the hard work! :)

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete