Friday, April 16, 2010

Conversations with a 2 year old

Last night, Aidan heard me reference the mall to someone and then minutes later he started desperately saying, "a mall, a mall, a mall." I asked him if he wanted to go to the mall and he said, "yesh." Then, he wouldn't drop the subject. He kept going on in on in desperation a little past the point of being cute. I figured since Seth was gone we might as well go to the mall, so I told him we would go. (We rarely go to the mall and yet somehow Aidan figured out the word "mall" and can recognize it easily--the child has a ridiculous memory) Anyway, he kept on talking about the mall, so I asked him why he wanted to go there. His answer: "a get ike ceam" (to get ice cream). Apparently,  you do something once, and you are stuck doing it forever. We got a free kid's cone at Chick-fil-a (right by the mall) and Aidan was so happy.

Several weeks ago, Aidan found a hot wheels car among his toys. I don't think it has been within sight for months. He came running to me yelling, "danta, danta." I asked if he got the car from Santa (a true fact, although I was amazed that he remembered that, since he hated the whole experience). He said, "yesh" and proceeded to go and find the pic of him sitting on Santa's lap to reiterate the fact.

Aidan has this beloved microphone that he got for Christmas. He just started called it a "mic" a few days ago and the other night he held it up for me and said " a mike.....and bob." He has a great uncle named Mike that he has only met twice, but somehow recognized his picture at my mom's house a week or so ago. Bob is another member of the family that he saw around the same time and I guess he associates the two of them together. So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment