Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas in Kansas 2011: Part II


 After spending a few days with my parents, we went over to be with Seth's family for a few days. We had a good time hanging out the first night there. We watched Les Miserables: 24th Anniversary Edition (the concert) and it was incredible. Best 3 hours of music ever! And it totally makes me swoon to hear Jean Valjean and remember my own "Jean Valjean" singing "Bring Him Home" 7 years ago (the very start of our relationship). Good memories. Sigh.

Anyway, the next night we drove to Topeka for Seth's high school almuni night. We got to see lots of old Topeka friends and Seth got to sing with some alum from his madrigal group. The kids had a great time running around and promptly fell asleep in the car for the ride home

Love!
Baby Girl and her Daddy


We had a lovely Christmas Eve, went to a service together and then drove around looking at lights. It was a really nice night and the kids absolutely loved the lights. Aidan was especially sweet and having such cute conversations with us. I wish I could have recorded it all.

Christmas morning we woke up and had a yummy breakfast and then opened some presents. Nora was really really fussy this day in particular and was constantly grabbing at me and fussing. She was working pretty hard on her molars during the trip so that seemed to be the main cause of her irritability.


...and his partner in crime!
My sweet superman...







 We left Christmas night to spend the next few days with my family again. My brother and his family were also there, so the kids had a blast with their cousins....

More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment