Saturday, January 8, 2011

So Happy


Nora never ceases to amaze me. She is so content and happy and loves to sit and entertain herself for long periods of time. She needs little reassurances that you are nearby, but she does not need to be held much during the day. She does like to cuddle when she is hungry or tired though. Love love love this baby. She is still having a much harder time than her brother with learning to soothe herself to sleep and stay alseep throughout the night, but she is gradually learning. Today, when she was supposed to be napping, she was talking and talking for such a long time. I sat and watched her for awhile and then softly called her name. She couldn't see me, but upon hearing my voice she immediatley grinned and started squealing. I hesitated in picking her up and kept calling her name and she kept squealing happily, still not seeing me. I left the room for a second and came back and started again and she kept smiling and squealing until I couldn't stand it anymore and I picked her up and kissed her sweet baby cheeks. She didn't do much napping today, but she was so happy to be awake that it didn't really matter. Tonight, she was playing and laughing at everything, showing no signs of tiredness...like usual. I finally scooped her up and cradled her. She started nursing and fell fast asleep before she even really ate. I grinned and put her in bed. I think I'l just have to get her up in a couple hours and try again. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment