Monday, January 10, 2011

4 months


Nora Cadence,

You reached the 4 month mark way too fast. I can't believe how much you are turning into my little baby and not so much a newborn anymore. What a difference this last month has made with you.
We started off your month with traveling to PA. You weren't so keen on the carseat for such a long period of time, but you really were a good baby while there and I loved how easy you would sleep in my arms. That being said, we developed a lot of bad habits over Christmas and we decided it was time for you to figure out how to soothe yourself to sleep. It has been a rough couple of weeks listening to you cry, but you are doing so much better now about going down without fussing. You still have a rough time at night, but it's getting less and less traumatic as the days go by. You are also getting to bed earlier (between 8-9pm and a record tonight of 7:50) which makes me very happy. You do still wake up in the night somewhere between 3-5am most nights. You went through a growth spurt within the last week and were getting up several times in the night and eating about every 2 hours in the day, so I started you on some rice cereal once a day and you gobble it up like you are starving. I had all intention of waiting until you turned 6 months to start feeding you anything other than breastmilk, but you seem to need the extra calories. You are a great eater and you love to nurse which is exactly what I hoped and prayed for, but you decided this month that you would absolutely not take a bottle. We have tried tirelessly to get you to take one, but you have not given in yet. You will not take a pacifier anymore (since about 7 weeks old) and you don't suck on any fingers either. I know this will make things easy for me as you get older, but I wish you had something easy like that to bring you comfort at times. However, you really don't need a pacifier because you are so stinkin happy almost all the time. Seriously, I don't know where all the crazy joy comes from, but you are full of it. You love to play and stay very content at one thing for long periods of time. I love knowing that when you are awake, you will not be needy (unless you are hungry) and I can count on you to entertain yourself. I love to talk to you though because you smile and laugh so much that it brings me great joy as well. You are truly a delight. You really love to watch Aidan play and you tolerate all of his hugs and kisses very well. I can tell that you will get much entertainment from just watching him. You love to stand and play in your exersaucer and you can sit very well when supported. You have not made any progress on rolling over yet and I am happy about that because Aidan was on the fast track when it came to getting around and you seem not to be in any hurry.
Nora, you are a light in our days. You never seem to get tired and you can hardly nap all day and still laugh and giggle and play like crazy. You have the best squeal and you are constantly making excited little noises all the time...literally, all the time. You love to squeal at everything when we are carrying you, getting your diaper changed makes you laugh, you don't mind getting dressed or bathed, you love to cuddle and get kisses, you love when we say your name...I just can't get enough of you.
I can't believe that one year ago (yesterday) I found out that I was having another baby and then you were born just 8 months later. I never could have imagined a better end to those long 8 months with you in my belly. You are a precious jewel and I love the wonderful way you make our family feel so much more complete. I am so glad you are mine.

Love,

Mama

4 months stats: 15 lbs.1 oz. 24.5 in.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, she is adorable! Congrats on your little love bug!

    ReplyDelete