Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dear Aidan


My sweet son, you are now 2.75 years old. It is hard to imagine in 3 short months you will be 3. I have noticed such growth in you recently in many ways and I am enjoying getting to know how your brain works, although I am still far from understanding the things you do sometimes.
Aidan, you are so friendly it kills me! You say "hi" to everybody and start conversations with strangers all the time. You have helped Mommy and Daddy meet new people here in South Carolina because of your outgoing nature and your willingness to chatter to anyone who cares to listen. You say the funniest things sometimes and have very complex thoughts/sentences that make me giggle. You also like to pipe in unexpectedly with your own two cents when Mommy and Daddy are having a conversation.
You still love being a little musician and play the drums all the time. You also love your new electric guitar with a "frap" (strap) on it. You favorite thing to do is stand on Daddy's guitar case with his guitar stand (your stage and microphone), put your sunglasses on (an absolute must to fully rock out), and play and sing away. It brings us great joy to see your deepening love for music and we will be very surprised if you do not live out your dream to be a musician someday.
You have really adjusted well to a new life in a new place. I am amazed at your understanding and accepting of all things new. You love to Skype with your grandparents and you seem to understand that they are now far away. You refer to everything as the "new____" and I figure that you will probably do that for awhile still.
We have had to stay at home a lot more than we used to since we don't have a car most days, but you are learning to enjoy actually being at home. We do many things together like: building tents in your room, playing with play-doh, drawing, singing, baking, taking walks, and reading books. You still love to go places, but I can sense a new contentment with being at home that wasn't there before.
You are an excellent big brother. You adore Nora and you love when she is awake. You still talk to her in the cutest little high-pitched voice and give her lots of hugs and kisses. The other day I asked you if you wanted Mommy to have another baby (meaning, in addition to Nora) and you said, "No, I just want this baby" (thinking I meant in replacement of your sister). So sweet! You love to try and make her laugh and you are always getting her toys and other things to look at. You also like to reassure her if she is sad that is is "okay." I heard you once telling her, "It's okay Nora, Aidan's here," and it melted my heart.
You went through a rough time of disobeying recently, but I think that was your way of dealing with all the sudden change in your world. You seem to be calming down more and becoming more agreeable. I see you maturing more each day.
I love you dearly, my big boy, and I can't believe just how big you are getting. Now, you just need to get rid of those diapers and become better acquainted with the potty! :)

Love,

Mom
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment