Monday, May 3, 2010

Starting Off Right

I feel like lately I've heard enough discouraging news about failing marriages, that if I wasn't already married, I might be scared to make such a commitment.

Marriage is hard.

Marriage can also be joyous, sweet, close, and beautiful.

Seth and I have been married almost 3 1/2 years now. It is hard to believe how much has happened since we said "I do" and I don't think I would have ever imagined we'd be well on our way to having our second child. Wow! What a interesting ride it has been so far. While we've definitely had our share of ups and downs, I've really been thankful for what a great partner I have in Seth. He irritates me more than anyone, but he can also make me the most proud, the most happy, and the most blessed.

My heart is THANKFUL.

I don't want to take this relationship for granted and I want the Lord to work in us in a mighty way as a unit, a partnership. I think we are strongest when we join together and ask Him to make us a better couple: more loving, more wise, more sincere, more discerning, and more faithful.

So, this morning we awoke earlier than normal to meet with the Lord together as the day began. This pregnant tired mama was not too excited about dragging myself out of bed, but it was worth it, even if our time was limited to a quick Psalm and prayer together. It was meaningful. It was rich. And it stayed with me the rest of the day.

I know that even though things are GOOD, I need to take the extra steps to make them GREAT. I want this marriage relationship to be a dance, a wonderful rhythm that our children can sense and know.

Funny thing is, I didn't even mean to blog about this, but I guess it was on my heart. I had a bunch of random tidbits of daily life and a little pregnancy update planned. Instead....this is what I've got. 

In this house we are aiming to start off right. I pray that we will be successful.

1 comment:

  1. hooray! so glad you came to my blog. now i can blogstalk you...haha.

    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete