Tuesday, May 4, 2010

April 2010: In review

This past month started off with a bang when Aidan turned 2 on Easter Sunday. It was a small celebration with family, but it was very fun.

We also had some major sickness in our household this past month with Aidan catching his first stomach bug and being really really sick for almost a week. He has managed to also spend most of the month with a cough and runny nose and his molars are still working through. Ugh...

Seth started a trial period for a new position at work this month and is currently in his 4th week of transition. He is enjoying it so far and we are still taking time to make the best decision about the new job and how it will affect our family. Basically, Seth has been in school for the past 3 months to obtain some certifications for computer programming so that he might acquire a better paying job and I might be able to stay home with our 2 kids without having the burden of making anything on the side. I have been watching Oakley for almost 9 months now and it has been quite interesting at times. I am grateful that I've had the experience, but really don't want to have 3 kids under 2 come September. So, meanwhile, Seth has a new job practically dumped in his lap at work and it really catches us by surprise. It is a great promotion for us financially, but it requires a relocation to South Carolina. It has been quite the upheaval in our house as we are thinking it all through. We still have a month or two to make a final decision and then we will not have to move until after the baby is born so that is good. We are still considering all our options as this is a major decision. We have been living close to both of our families for over 3 years now and it would be quite different not having that close support system.

I spent some time this month working on a music video with a photographer friend of mine. He was asked to create the video for the band Leeland. It is a song about a girl trying to decide whether or not to keep her baby. It has been really fun shooting the video and I am excited about the finished product. I am the "girl" walking through that specific decision and it has been interesting to act the part as I am expecting my own child in the next few months. I was very privileged to be asked to be a part of this project.

We have had a lot of fun spending time with my brother and his family as they have been in this area for the entire month of April. Aidan is having a great time with his cousin Xan and it is great to watch that relationship grow. They will be leaving in a week for Canada and we will not see them for quite some time.

Pregnancy this past month has been going really well. I finally stopped feeling sick this month and started having a lot more energy. I feel like a completely new person. I started to really feel a lot more movement too and it has been lot of fun. Sometimes I even forget that I am pregnant because I feel so great. :)

We are looking forward to the busy month ahead and can't wait to hopefully find out the gender of our little one tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment