Friday, April 6, 2012

To Aidan: A birthday letter


Dear Aidan,

You turned 4 two days ago and I missed writing your letter on time. My grandpa passed away the morning of your birthday and it was an odd day of celebrating both your life and the new life my grandpa is now experiencing in heaven.

You are a remarkably energetic, fun loving, all over the place, free spirit. You have grown up so much in the last year. You see the world through a lens of possibility and excitement and yearn to gain knowledge about everything around you. You are full of questions, full of laughter, and full of fun.

Aidan, you are a non stop machine of strong willed determination. You know the way you want things and you will fight for them to stay that way. You cling to routine and hold onto preconceived ideas with such ferocity that you are not easily convinced to let go of your silly notions.

You eat the same things almost every day. You are not one to try new foods, but not one bit afraid of new people, places, or experiences. You are a social butterfly, always ready to jump into a group of people and play with no hesitation. You love school and ask to go every single day.

You want to be constantly on the go and I am starting to doubt that will ever change. Your need for constant change of environment is so strong that we are often taking trips to the park and library so that you can let loose your energy.

You are still a lover of music and I can see your love for drumming developing even more. You love to watch music videos, listen to music in the car, and play your instruments. You definitely listen closely to music and you seem to have a good sense of rhythm too. I will not be at all surprised to see you one day fulfilling your dream to play in church.

I can't believe how much my life has changed in these last 4 years. I am so glad that you made me a mom and am very blessed to have you for my son. I love you for all the things you are are and for what you are yet to be. I am proud of you and love seeing you develop and grow more into a big boy. You are very special, unique, and talented and I believe that God has big plans for you. You have already impacted my life more than you know and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.

You bring so much joy to my life and I am so thankful that I get to be a part of yours.

Love you forever and always,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment