Monday, April 16, 2012

The Easter where we dyed eggs on Good Friday and didn't go to church


This Easter was a little different. I think it is the only one I have missed church.

And it was also the first year that I actually was brave enough to attempt egg dying with the kids. My mother was here to assist. Well, she practically did it all, I just boiled the eggs and took pictures. And...they loved it.

So, back to the whole missing church thing.

We had to travel to Memphis on Easter Sunday because my Grandpa's visitation was Monday at 5pm and we didn't think we'd make it in time.

I was sad. And I'll admit some of my disappointment in missing church was not getting to dress my kids up in their Easter clothes. I know...very superficial and silly of me.

I love Easter. I love celebrating Christ being risen from the grave. I love the meaning, the significance, the power of the whole thing.

I realize that I can celebrate all those things every day...and that I should, but there's just something about that DAY, the day we designate for remembering that event in detail.

So, this year I sat in our van for 10 hours on Easter Sunday. And I didn't do a whole lot of reflecting on the Lord, but rather distributing snacks, changing diapers in the back seat, and trying to help keep the peace.

It was different. It doesn't mean I am less godly for it, but it still won't go down in history as my favorite Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment