Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mothers and Daughters


I love my mom. Plain and simple. We talk on the phone almost every day and sometimes more than once a day. She is a great listener, she prays for me, and she encourages me in so many ways.

I miss her too. Being away from my family has been hard, especially in this season of life with small children. But, when she can visit (or vice versa) it is wonderful.

I hope to see my relationship with Nora develop into something like we have. I wasn't always loving and kind to my mom and I gave her a lot of grief as a child, but I respect her, love her, and admire her sacrifices for our family. My mom has taught me a lot about selflessness and I'll be the first to admit that I'm still very much in the process of learning that one.

Thank you Mom for teaching me how to be a mom. For loving me even when I didn't appreciate it, and for giving so much to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment