Friday, April 8, 2011

Kansas Trip

Oh the trip....
Nora was our little late night packing companion.
We left early Monday morning (14th) to drive to Charlotte. As luck would have it, Aidan woke up with a stuffy nose. We arrived in Charlotte by about 8am and left a little after 9. The flights went well. Nora slept the entire way and Aidan was able to watch some of his favorite shows on Daddy's laptop. We were pretty exhausted by the time we got there, but it was so nice to see our family...especially my sister who had just got back from 6 months at YWAM.
 Nora and Aunt Steph

We spent the first week with Seth's family. Unfortunately, Aidan's cold continued and Nora caught it the 2nd night there. She got an ear infection and we ended up visiting our old pediatrician for some good ol' antibiotics. It was a long week of little sleep...but so nice to have family to help out.

The sick babies in their pj's

The first weekend there I went down to Arkansas to surprise my bestie Kara at her baby shower. Steph and I drove down together with Nora and did it all in one day. We also got to visit with some of my old time friends from ECS/childhood days.

Windblown pic, (2 pregnant friends), tons of memories with these girls!

We also got some family pictures taken by jami nato which was a ton of fun and I seriously cannot wait to get them put up at our new place (when we have a new place). :)

The second week was spent with my family. Seth left just a few days into that week and I stayed a whole week longer. It snowed a couple times that week. (crazy!) We were able to have a little birthday celebration for Aidan, have a play-date with a couple friends, and I spent some time working on stuff with our house. I ordered some furniture to stage the house for the next couple of months. It was kinda a drag considering the financial drain this house has been, but we are praying that this will be enough to get it sold by the end of May. Please pray for us if you think about it!

I wish I would have had more time to see more friends, but I felt like my days were so busy and with Nora's sleeping issues, I was pretty exhausted most of the time. I ate up the family time because I knew it would be a long time til we saw each other again and I really do love being with them--even if my sister can now beat me at Dutch Blitz.
Nora with Mita and Papi (Seth's parents)
Snow at the end of March! Kansas weather is so crazy!
 Aidan's new obsession
 Birthday egg hunt
 Fresents! (as Aidan would say)
 Decorating his birthday cupcake

Happy 3 years to Aidan!
 Had to have one of the sweet baby girl!
Mimi (my mom) reading to the kids by the fire (PRECIOUS)

That is our trip in a nutshell. One more post to come on flying solo with the kids....stay tuned if you want some tips on how to have a smooth, tear-free trip across the country with 4 bags, one double stroller, a baby, a toddler, and a layover. (NOT) :)

1 comment:

  1. First, I really like the picture of Nora and I. So cute. Second, I miss playing dutch blitz even if you call me a cheater because you can't beat me anymore. Third, can you come back? I miss you and the children...oh and Seth too. Fourth, You should respond to my e-mail when you have a min. to spare. I love you!

    ReplyDelete