Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just go with it...

I really wanted the car today...

Just did not feel like being cooped up in the house with the kids when the forecast was calling for 80 degree weather...but I also didn't want to drive Seth to work and then pick him up later either. It always seems like a lose-lose situation.

And, to be honest, I had a bad attitude about it.

Thankfully, my mom read books to Aidan over skype and I was able to pick up around the apartment a little, making my mood a little less negative.

Decided we would walk to the mall and Aidan could play in the kid's play area. The mall is a pretty decent trek...taking about 30 minutes to get there. We set off and arrived nice and sweaty a little while later with one very awake little baby and one very active little boy. Aidan played, Nora settled down and went to sleep. All of a sudden I was starving and needed food. Aidan agreed to go on a food hunt and we ordered some Chick-fil-a for lunch. I imagined we would scarf down the food and make the walk back with Nora still napping. She woke up...and was fine, but I knew that she wouldn't make it the whole way back without wanting to eat. Aidan started demanding more food and I noticed his knees (no clue how this happened) were covered in ketchup. Wonderful! Wiped him off and got him an ice cream cone. Let him dribble it all over himself while I nursed Nora in the busy food court. Writing that sentence makes me laugh because it sounds like a simple thing, but it was really kinda ridiculous and complicated. I think people look at me like I am nuts or something because my child is drowning in ice cream and ketchup and I am exposing half my midriff while trying to nurse a kicking squirming suddenly starving baby. Just go with it...that's all I tell myself these days. It is what it is and it's just the way life is gonna be.

Needless to say, we were messy, tired, and plain wore out when we arrived home nearly 3 hours after we left.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha....ahhh, we've all had those ridiculous moments. but you did it! you made it out alive!

    ReplyDelete