Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2 months

My dear sweet Nora,

You are a dream. Literally. I am so enjoying your presence in our lives and you make every day sweeter with your little smiles and coos. I have so enjoyed seeing you grow this past month and can't believe how much your little personality is emerging already. You love to cuddle and I love to hold you. You definitely know your Mommy and sometimes I am the only one that you want. I admit, I just eat it up. You are a good sleeper and you have developed your own little routine. You sleep off and on in the morning, somewhat unpredictably, but that's okay because we are often on the go and you are interrupted from napping. However, you sleep the entire afternoon...and I am not kidding. Like 5 hours. I have to wake you to eat and you go right back to sleep until you are rested. Diaper changes will not even wake you sometimes (as seen above).
You spend most of your evening awake and talkative. Then it is off to bed around 8:30-9 (you were staying up until 11 most nights until about 8 weeks old). You slept your longest stretch ever last night-almost 9.5 hours. This makes Mommy very happy because I know you will be sleeping the entire night soon. You still laugh (like really hard) in your sleep and it cracks me up every time. Aidan never did that, so it is something all your own. I like to think that your happiness extends into your dreams.
You are truly a "light" and you bring sweet "rythmn" to our lives. You love watching Aidan and he in turn loves to smother you with kisses. You tolerate his somewhat rough affection very well and I'm sure you will continue to enjoy each other as time passes. You sleep though all his drumming, screaming, singing, and the like. I am amazed. You are a chubby little one and I can't believe how quickly you have grown. You have been wearing size 2 diapers for almost 2 weeks now and you are in mostly 3 month, some 3-6 month clothes already. You can still wear some newborn pants because your legs haven't quite caught up with your torso yet. :) We take you in for your 2 month checkup next Tuesday, so it will be interesting to see what percentiles you are in.
I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you and how much more fun you will be as you grow up. I already miss your little newborn tiny-ness, but I am loving the smiles you give me each day.

You are precious to me and bring me such comfort these days as I adjust to a new environment and life away from family.

Love, Mommy
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Nora, you are beautiful and will always reflect the beauty of the Lord....

    All my love...

    ReplyDelete