Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Move.

So, my first blog post from South Carolina.

It's been awhile since I updated, but we've made a lifetime of memories since (good and bad). Friday, Oct. 22nd, we loaded the truck and cleared out our little home. It was one of the most exhausting days of my life, but somehow I made it through. Nora was an angel and slept the day away in between feedings which was awesome. She decided to be wide awake later that night, but oh well...
Seth left with the truck on Saturday morning with his dad and they drove all the way through the night (stopping for a short time to rest) and arrived in South Carolina around noon on Sunday. I spent the weekend with my family getting ready for our flight on Monday.
Monday morning we arrived at the airport to find that our flight was delayed. Aidan was a little over excited about flying and was having trouble listening and obeying (the whole weekend had been pretty rough with him, but I think it was a combination of all the craziness he has been trying to adjust to). We got on the plane and had an okay flight. Aidan kept us busy...Nora ate and slept the whole time (very typical of her). We had a short connection and even less time since our flight had been delayed. Luckily, our flight out of Atlanta was delayed as well, or else we would have missed it. Atlanta airport was bustling like usual and we had to trek clear across the world to get to our gate. Once there, there was some confusion about what flight was actually leaving that gate and we were re-directed to another gate. Everything was a little confusing, we were hungry, and tired from walking all over the world, and we were ready for the trip to be over. My mom decided to run over to a store with Aidan to get some hand sanitizer while I started nursing Nora who was way past her normal eating time. All of a sudden, I noticed people were boarding, but hadn't heard an announcement. I was sitting there feeding Nora and watching all our bags and suddenly I heard the "last call" for our flight. I panicked. I didn't know where my mom had gone and I couldn't leave our stuff, and Nora was eating away. I jumped up and started pacing and looking for my mom. Then I ran to the desk and frantically tried to explain my situation (all while nursing my baby and sweating profusely). All they did was look at me like I was a crazy person and told me that the doors would be closing shortly. I raced to look down the main walkway and started yelling my mother's name (still nursing). I saw her and she started coming quickly. We managed to get on-board at the very last minute (still nursing). Somehow, because it was a smaller aircraft we weren't all sitting together and they directed me to sit with Aidan. So there I was with both kids and suffering from stress induced high blood pressure. I then smelled this awful stink coming from Aidan and realized that he had just had a huge poop and I didn't have a way to change him. He sat there stinking for the rest of the flight (which went surprisingly well considering I had to manage both kids most of the way). We arrived, of course, to a mess of boxes in our new apartment which I felt unable to even make sense of after such a long exhausting trip.
The next few days we spent cleaning and unpacking. We still have quite a bit to do, but it is getting there. My mom left this morning and now it is just us and the kids. We made popcorn and watched the movie Cars with Aidan tonight. It was fun to be all together again after the last week of being all over the place.

1 comment:

  1. oh my word...i've definately had one of those flights before. i was by myself with layne and prego with lila. uggg. but you made it! praying for you guys...

    ReplyDelete