Tuesday, October 5, 2010

2.5

Dear Aidan,

Yesterday was exactly 2.5 years of being your mother. I am so blessed that you have given me that privilege. It feels so surreal sometimes though.

Aidan, you are so energetic and exciting all the time. There is rarely a dull moment with you around. Your passion for life is evident in everything you do. And, at times, you make me crazy, but I still love you tons.

You say the funniest things to me all the time. Just yesterday when you were in trouble and trying to talk me out of giving you a spanking.... I said, "Sorry, you lost your chance," and you responded with, "No, I lost my mittens." It's so hard to keep a straight face with you sometimes.

You have amazed me these last few weeks with how grown up you are. You have handled the adjustment of a new sister very well and you absolutely love your role as big brother. It is going to be great to see how your relationship with her grows over the years.

Being a mother has been one of the hardest things I have ever experienced, but I am so blessed to have you for a son. You have taught me some hard lessons, and I have learned a lot about love by having you.

I love you,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment