Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Whirlwind Holiday Update

We have been busy!

Dec. 18-Seth and I go to his company Christmas party, finish packing, and spend the night at my parent's house for an early morning departure.

Dec. 19- 10 hour drive to my Grandmother's with my family and Aidan. Seth stayed home to get some work done.

Dec. 20-  Christmas celebration with Grandmother, Bob, and my uncle's family. Aidan got a Radio Flyer tricycle and loved trying to work the pedals all by himself.

Dec. 21-Drive to my Grandpa's house ( 2.5 hours) and then later drive (1 hr.) to my uncle's house for a family dinner. Nice time, very tiring day.

Dec. 22- Get up and leave for home (another 10 hour day). Aidan slept very erratically the whole trip and was up at 5:15 am the day of our departure. I was so tired! We arrived home to a clean house and a nice bouquet of roses for me. Seth was gone for Alumni Night at his high school in Topeka.

Dec. 23-Shop most of the day, do laundry, go to a Christmas light show.

Dec. 24- More shopping, bad weather, snow starts falling like crazy. Our Christmas Eve service was canceled, so we went to visit Seth's family for the night. We watched a movie and made it home close to midnight. It was still snowing. I put some cinnamon rolls in the oven for the next morning. Got to bed late.

Dec. 25- My parent's house for Christmas. Long drive on snowy roads. Lovely breakfast, fun presents, relaxing day. We left around 8:00 after Aidan had a ridiculous episode of major diaper rash issues. Long drive in the snow again. Come home and prepare for the next day's festivities.

Dec. 26-Christmas with Seth's family. Still snowing. Lovely time together. Kara and Cody (our friends home for the holidays from Ireland) arrive around dinner time and we all go back to our house. They decide to stay the night instead of just stopping in on the way to Iowa because the roads are so bad.

Dec. 27- Day with friends, playing cards, sledding with Aidan, laughing, talking, and enjoying each other's company. Kara and Cody stay another night on account of the weather.

Dec. 28- Kara and Cody leave for Iowa. We go to my parent's to visit my brother's family one last time. I am exhausted. Leave around lunch, take a nap, pick up the house, make dinner for my brother and his family. Nathan, Sarah, and Xan for dinner. Full house, lots of noise from two little boys. Clean up and go to bed.

Dec. 29- Early morning to Lawrence for breakfast with old friends. Yummy food, McDonald's playplace, Aidan konks out on drive home. Naps for all, then major clean up for our trip tomorrow.

Dec 30-Jan. 2- Going to Oklahoma for a family reunion with Seth's extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment