Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snow Day!



Last week, actually a week from this past Monday, we were blessed with a nice little snow shower. Unfortunately, both kids had the sniffles and really bad coughs and so going out in the 10 degree weather was out of the question.  It was nice and cold though and the snow stayed fresh and clean in our yard for days. Aidan loved just looking at the snow from inside and was always talking about it to me. I felt kinda bad that he didn't have a clue what it really was, so I was hoping he would have a chance to go out and play in it.

Friday came and the snow was still there. Oakley was at home and Aidan's sniffles were almost cleared up. We went to a consignment shop and found some great boots (and they were even Stride Rite) and got all bundled up to go outside.

Aidan had a BLAST.....and I did too.

We ran and stomped and hit snow off the bushes and I pulled him around and around in his sled. He loved it! He squealed and smiled and kept saying, "No (snow)"! I kept looking at Aidan and feeling in awe with how grown up he seemed. He was so sweet and having such a good time and we laughed and played together. I don't think I will ever forget how wonderful it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment