Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ai-dee

Ai-dee is how my dear sweet boy refers to himself and it totally cracks me up.

He is always pointing to things that are his and saying, "Ai-dee, Ai-dee." Like, for instance, at 4:00 am when he was crying and needed a drink, he pointed to his cup and happily said his name. Yes, my dear, you are Aidan, and you need to go back to sleep so Mommy can get some rest.

Aidan was playing on the stage at church this weekend after service ( his Daddy was on the worship team and was supervising him). He picked up one of the microphones and started singing and dancing around. It was hilarious! That night, he found a piece of a weight machine that he thought looked like a microphone and proceeded to yell into it. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a performer.

Aidan refers to feta and parmesan cheese as "baa", like what he calls a sheep. I have no idea what put this into his head other than the resemblance of white fluffiness, but it absolutely cracked me up when he came up with the word all on his own and now happily exclaims it when I open the fridge.

Aidan thinks his Grandpa is a chicken, or so it seems. Grandpa has this special little noise that he does with Aidan that is supposed to be a duck, but to Aidan it sounds like a chicken. So, when we ask him all the animal noises and add in "What does Grandpa say?" he does his best impression of chicken. Actually, it has gotten to the point that when he wants his Grandpa he just makes that noise all the time.

My sweet little Ai-dee, you make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment