Monday, December 7, 2009

MOPS, food, and trying...

MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is an amazing thing that I discovered this fall. I wish they had a meeting every week, but sadly it is only twice a month. We had our Christmas party today and it was lovely. I gorged myself on all the food and chatted nonsensically with all the moms until it was time to go. It was the best kind of therapy for a Monday.

Speaking of food, I have been in a baking mood lately. I made two batches of bread dough this weekend, but had the worst time with it. I have made bread in the past and although I followed the same recipe, my dough would not rise....twice. It was ridiculous. I ended up making an abundance of pizza with the dough and managed to bake two loaves that turned out halfway decent, but it was all quite frustrating.

Random: I am starting to understand the whole "trying for a baby" thing and it is somewhat emotionally exhausting. I think I like surprises much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment