Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Although the actual day was far from happy for me...(I spent most of it in bed or sitting in the bathroom next to the toilet-this first trimester is kicking my rear big time), I have been able to do a lot of reflecting in my hours of distress.

2012 was a full year for us. A few highlights to remember:
We celebrated 5 years of marriage!
Nora was weaned and started sleeping through the night at 18 months!
Aidan turned 4
We visited Myrtle Beach with family
We started Classical Conversations
We drove all the way to Kansas
Went to Silver Dollar City with the kids
Seth and I spent our first night away from the kids in over 2 years
My grandpa passed away
We went on a family vacation to Charleston
Nora turned 2
Spending evenings outside by the fire with Seth
I had my first craft fair
We moved across the country
I became pregnant with baby #3
We moved in with my parents for the remainder of the year
We played in the snow for the first time in 2 years
My sister got married on New Year's Eve
We made an offer on a house in KS

As I look at the year ahead I am looking forward to:

Hopefully enjoying this pregnancy and the wonder of a little baby forming in my belly
Celebrating 6 years of marriage!
Closing on our house and moving out of my parent's house
My sister having twins!
Having 2 potty trained children!
Our little addition arriving in the summer
Aidan turning 5 and Nora turning 3
Aidan starting Kindergarten
My homeschooling adventure truly beginning
Decorating my new home
Visit from my brother and his family from Canada
New friends, new habits, new places to go
Having grandparents close by
Being at home with my kids and making the most out of our days
Hospitality and opening my home to friends





No comments:

Post a Comment