Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Painting the Driveway



I found a seriously cool, easy, safe, fun activity for the kids. And the best part about it was that I had everything I needed to whip this up and use on a day where we were needing a little something to get us through until dinnertime (if you know what I mean). Thank you, Pinterest.

All you need:

1 cup cornstarch
1 cup water
food coloring

I was a little concerned about the cleanup of the "paint" and whether it would stain clothes, but it was no big deal at all.

The cool thing was the way it dried was very smooth and and a fun texture. The kids liked touching their dried paintings and then had a really fun time washing it all away with the hose!

This really did keep them busy and I loved that it was stress free. I didn't worry about it getting on clothes, in mouths, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment