Monday, February 6, 2012

Just Be


This is an old pic...back when Nora's hair stood up straight all the time. But I can't help but loving it...even in all it's semi-blurriness.

It helps redirect my thinking when I look at pictures of my kids. I so often get caught up in "getting things done" or come up with one more hobby or project or idea that distracts me from being present...being here.

Deep rest is hard to find sometimes...not the kind that comes in long hours of interrupted sleep, but the soul kind, the kind that is peace-filled and full...that ever present knowing that God is with you.

I try and find that peace every morning in the quick moments of bellies filling up on oatmeal, spoons clinking on bowls, and morning t.v.

It is my quiet. My rest. I read and hurry, meditate, pour some coffee, and journal. I wipe sticky fingers, and sit again. Looking for that peace, that rest, the calm before the storm of my day.

So often I can get caught in the race to read through emails, glance at a magazine, and start morning dishes while my breakfast is hot. Shoveling mouthfuls and as I walk around  doing...not being.


Be still....

find that place and let the warmth of peace flood into your being so that you can go forth and do what you are called to in this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment