Monday, February 13, 2012

17 months



 Nora,

My joyful one. You are a "shining light."

You are so funny these days. Talking, talking, talking. My favorite things you say are: "good girl", "baby", "mine" (not so much the reason behind it), "eyes", "1, 2, 3, go", "bear", "i love you", "night night" and "outside." You are definitely a communicator.

You love: blankies, babies, bears, your doll stroller, riding in the wagon, bubbles, being outside, eating snacks, going "night night" and being silly.

You still love eating and can pack away food like crazy. I can give you a plate full of food and you can be done in 2 minutes and asking for more. Seriously.

You are still nursing. We are quitting in less than 3 weeks because I am going away for the weekend, but you are still not willing to give this up on your own. I love all the snuggles and cuddles, but I think it will be a good thing to finally wean.

You are sleeping pretty well and you've been very healthy this past month. No ear infections, PTL!

You are cutting the last of your teeth before you get the 2 year molars. You and I both agree that teething is horrible.

You are loving and sweet and have a good little feisty side too. You are starting to throw fits, but you also give up a little bit easier than I expected.

You are such a fun part of our family and we so enjoy you.

Love,

Mama



1 comment:

  1. hi krista! i'm julie from julie's jotter...i have a nora too, and you asked me where i found the name meaning woman of honor and i wanted to answer your question. sorry it's taken me so long! my life has been super crazy adjusting to 2 kids now...after reading your blog, i know you know what i mean :)
    i found the latin meanings here:
    http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Nora
    http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-nora-3443.htm
    http://www.babynames.com/name/NORA

    mainly the first one says woman of honor...the other two say honor. but, i love woman of honor, so we go with that one...
    i love the name cadence too, that was on our list :), but my nephew's name is caden, so we couldn't go with that.
    and, it's such a small world, because i live in sc, too!
    thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete