Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking back on 2011

I know the New Year is still 2 days away, but I have been thinking a lot about things I want to pursue in 2012.

2011 was a year full of change and challenge for our family. We struggled with our house being on the market, I got a job at The Limited that lasted for a week, we loathed our apartment life, struggled with lots of sickness and ear infections, bought and sold cars, moved to a house, said goodbye to our dear friends here, finally sold our home, etc...

We also enjoyed trips to Myrtle Beach, Charleston, PA, and KS, family outings to the zoo, and a great pool at our apartment complex.

I found my goal list from last year and was surprised at what I did and did not accomplish.


1)Spend more time in intercession. This is still on my list, but is something I have definitely thought of more
2)Faithfully implement a preschool program with Aidan I did do some preschool at home with Aidan and then we were privileged to enroll him in preschool this fall
3)Love my kids and serve them no matter how I feel Something I am still working on
4)Be a better spouse Again, something I still need to continually work on
5)Start a ministry for young mothers This is still a goal of mine, but has been more difficult than I had imagined
6)Potty train Aidan Definitely checked this one off
7)Visit the beach with the kids We went to the beach twice!
8)Get Nora to take a bottle! Never accomplished this
9)Read more Still something I want to do
10)Develop my sewing skills Little by little I have been learning new things
11)Blog more This was about the same
12) Exercise and eat healthy foods to get in pre-children shape There has definitely been and ebb and flow with this one.
13)Serve more Always need to do this
14)Take a road trip Driving to PA counts to me
15)Start a business Yes, did that, but now I just need to work on growing it
16)Spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with family! :) Christmas with family!
17)Play/sing with Seth; write songs together Didn't happen
18)Sleep through the night I did get this opportunity a couple of times, but we are still working on it being consistent.
19)Run a 5k Nope
20)Find a more permanent home for our family here in SC This was a big goal and we did find a home that feels more like home than our apartment!


Well, I have been working on my goals for 2012 for awhile and spent a lovely time with my husband discussing some of them over breakfast this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment