Friday, September 16, 2011

Love.These.Kids.

We've been doing a lot of playing outside these days. It is great having a yard, quiet street, and driveway to play on. And, neighbor children to play with. Aidan asks me everyday, "Can I go play with my neighbors?"
 I started watching a little boy today and will continue to do so part-time for the next little while. I am trying to save up a little extra money for plane tickets to Kansas for Christmas. Aidan is only about 2 months younger than him and they actually play well together, so I think it might actually be a win-win situation.

Nora is walking really well now and can go up and down the driveway at record speeds. She loves being outside and screams if you open the door, but don't let her out. She is really cautious about steps and stands at our front steps and holds out her hand sweetly for help. Her newest words are "step" and "dance."

It was in the low 60s today and we had fun wearing jackets. It was 94 yesterday and we were in shorts and tank tops, so it was quite a change this morning. I enjoyed dressing the children in long pants today and love the cooler weather. It is supposed to warm up again into the 80s next week, so we'll be back to wearing summer clothes, but the taste of fall is still nice. We baked cookies this afternoon and took a long walk around our neighborhood. It has been awhile since I've had both kids in the jogger together because most days Aidan wants to ride his bike instead. We had a nice little stroll though and it ate up the last bit of the afternoon before Daddy came home.

Is it just me, or do my kids look more and more alike?





Posted by Picasa

1 comment: