Thursday, September 22, 2011

A day in the life: Tuesday

Good morning!

I thought it would be fun to document one of our days so I can remember what a typical day looks like with a 3 year old and 1 year old. Funny thing is, the day I chose turned out to be anything but typical.

3:45am - Nora cries, rock her for 20 min. and then back to bed.
6:50am- Aidan wakes up, I get up, start getting ready.
7:26am- I make the typical every day breakfast of oatmeal-one pot, 3 bowls, one 1/2 mashed banana


7:30am-Nora is awake. She goes from sleepy tired sweet baby....


to this...

Must have breakfast now, Mama!

7:45am-Seth gets Aidan fed (it is sad, but we feed the child pretty much every morning) and I feed the baby girl.

Much better!

7:56am-We head out the door to take Seth to pick up our car (now fixed). 
8:35am-Arrive at car dealership, it's raining, drop Seth off and head back to preschool.
9:08am-Time for school!


 Love this! They walked in holding hands! (and yes, Nora is still in her pj's)


9:15am-Call from Seth-car now has another problem, need to go pick him up.
9:40am-Get to dealership, pick up Seth, and start heading to his work (45 minutes away-UGH!) Nora is screaming, hungry, and tired of the car.
10:05am-Stop at the mall for a snack, diaper change, and a little stretching of the legs.

Bribery!

11:05am-Finally arrive at Seth's work and turn back around to pick up Aidan.
11:40am-At the preschool a little early, play with the baby girl who is still in pj's and eating greasy Auntie Ann's pretzels for lunch. :)
12:05pm-Drive home with the kids, eat more pretzels.
12:25pm-At home finally (whew!) and now for naptime! Rock and nurse the baby girl and put her in bed.
12:45pm-Get Aidan in bed
1:15pm-Nora wakes up from her nap, Aidan gets up with his 5th need/demand of the afternoon
1:20pm-I call my mom for some support...Nora cries off and on. I start getting my chicken ready for roasting.
2:30pm-Nora is up. Aidan gets up a few minutes later, wet. 
2:33pm-Strip the bed, bathe the boy, start the laundry, check on chicken. Check, check, check, and, check.


3:30pm-Chicken done, snack time done.



3:30-5pm- Play, cry, pick up toys, repeat.
5:00pm-Daddy is home! (Can I please collapse?)

Our evenings go mostly like this- eat dinner, play outside, get ready for bed.

 "Step"-Nora's latest word

 Bubbles! 

 "Need more help Daddy!"



8-9pm This is the hour where we are putting Aidan back in bed, rocking screaming babies, cleaning up the kitchen, and picking up toys. It is the wind-down hour in our home.

And this is what awaits me! 


 I think I went to bed at 9:30 on this night, but typically I got to bed around 11:30. I spend the later night hours crocheting, cleaning, sewing, or watching something with the husband.

Whew, what a day!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, this is SO our life right now. Thanks for sharing. It helps me appreciate my stay-at-home husband a little more and reminds me how tough normal days really are.

    ReplyDelete