Friday, July 2, 2010

June 2010: In Review

June went by so crazy fast. I can't believe it!

Some of the big highlights this month were:

I quit my job
We visited Branson with my family
I went to AR to visit friends with my sister
I started to learn to sew
Our house flooded
We went swimming a bazillion times
We planted sod in our back yard
We repainted the downstairs
We decided to get our house ready to put on the market

Some of the things Aidan has been doing this last month:

Talking nonstop and forming sentences like crazy
Noticing all sorts of things when we are driving: police cars, signs, green and red lights, bridges, trucks, billboards with ice cream cones on them :)
Singing a lot to himself
Wanting to read and be read to all the time
Sleeping in his big boy bed without falling out or even getting out
Sleeping without his noise maker on occasion
Watching Little Bear and Winnie the Pooh (his new obsessions)
Saying, "baby sistuh" when asked what's in my belly
Remembering anything  you tell him
Praying "tank too, deesus" (thank you Jesus) at dinner
Making us laugh all the time

It amazes me that Aidan is already 27 months old and getting to be such a grown up little boy. He really listens well and will reason things out too. It amazes me to hear the things he says or remembers and he picks up on information so quickly it blows me away. He is my little buddy and loves to go anywhere with me as long as we are out and about. He will probably never be much of a homebody. We have settled into a really great routine now that I am not watching Oakley anymore and he seems to really enjoy all the Mama time he is getting. We play with friends and go swimming a lot. He seems to have a sensitivity to the Lord already and really loves the routine of praying at meal times and bedtime. He stayed in my arms quietly for the whole worship time at church last Sunday and sweetly laid his head on my shoulder. It was a great moment for me. We are hoping to begin potty training sometime this month, but still haven't figured out a good time for it yet.

Here's to a new month and getting a much bigger belly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment