Friday, January 29, 2010

A little too much Martha

And no, I am not talking about Martha Stewart.

It has been an incredibly difficult week for me. Aidan has been really sick with a bad cold and another ear infection, and antibiotics don't seem to be helping. Oakley has also been battling a nasty cold and cutting teeth which is making him out to be a very fussy baby. I am fighting extreme exhaustion and morning/noon/night sickness...yes, you heard that right, morning sickness. We are in full battle mode.

My house is A MESS! It usually is anyway, but it has gotten progressively worse this week. And...I have an extreme mental obsession with it right now. I want to deep clean, I want to prevent runny  noses from rubbing against the couch, to stop food from falling off the table, to wash sticky hands before they get stuck in someone's hair. Alas...I am failing.

As I thought about all this and I look over my incredibly disorganized and messy house, I was reminded about Mary sitting at the feet of Jesus, something that I have not been very good at this week either. I want to be a Martha. I want to work and get it done. I want the Lord to see my need and help me accomplish my cleaning, not usher me into His presence as I lay it all aside. I am humbled at the thought of my need to keep things together in appearance only...not worrying about my heart and my needs for the comfort of the Lord.

It is hard right now, taking care of two little ones that are so demanding. Aidan is unbelievably disobedient and difficult right now and when waves of nausea come, I can only put off dealing with him until I feel more normal. I have reverted to methods of merely coping. And yet, the Lord calls me to His throne.

It is always nice to know that sitting at Jesus' feet will give me what I need to finish out this day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your blog Krista. Especially any story involving Seth trying to deal with Aidan pooping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just realized your blog moved and that you're pregnant! Ahh! Congrats! Maybe I missed it, but how far along are you? I take it it's been a little rough so far?

    ReplyDelete