Friday, January 8, 2010

Potty Training 101



Okay, so I haven't read any books on toilet training and I don't really have a clue if what I am doing is even useful, but as of last Saturday, we got out the potty chair and Aidan has been having a blast sitting on it.

Since he is still only 21 months, I am in no rush for him to be potty trained, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get him used to the idea, so I set out the potty chair in our bathroom and asked him if he wanted to try it out.

So far, he has peed in it once and pooped (well, after I stuck him there mid-poop) once.

He has also managed to pee on the floor numerous times.

We sit him on there every morning after breakfast and he will sit and read sometimes for 45 min. If he doesn't go, I just put a diaper on and we are done whenever he is ready to be. At this point, he still loves our potty routine.

Last night at dinner, he started trying to get out of his chair and kept saying, "pee-pee", so we asked him if he needed to go. He nodded, so Seth took him up to his potty.

The following picture depicts the events that followed.



Not trying to gross anyone out, but I was so cracking up about this because Seth was freaking out.

Oh, the joys of toilet training!

1 comment: