Monday, October 19, 2009

Smart...or maybe not



It seems I cannot escape half-witted, frazzle-brained behaviors these days. Motherhood seems to do that to you I guess.

While I find my lack of togetherness, and all around half-conscious blunders to be rather frustrating in the moment, I do enjoy a good laugh when all is said and done.

Last week I had a particularly bad day. (note to self: don't leave your brain at home)

I was taking Aidan and Oakley to my friend's house before we went to a library "rhyme time." After the huge effort of getting both little ones in the car and pulling away from the house, I realized a few minutes down the road that I had forgotten to brush my teeth. Gross! I couldn't remember the last time I did that. So, I hurriedly drove back to the house, jumped out the car, leaving the babies behind, and quickly brushed my teeth. So, no big deal, and we were off again. Things went rather smoothly (as much as possible when pushing a stroller and trying to chase a reckless 18 month old toddler) for the rest of the morning. The library event was canceled, so after a quick change of plans we went to play at a local church. All was well until it was time to go. At this point, I had a hungry and tired toddler on my hands and I was desperately trying to locate all my things to get the kids in the car. But, wait, where did I put my keys? I started frantically searching and hoping that I hadn't locked them in the car. No, they were not in the car, but my car was unlocked nonetheless, as I had forgotten to lock it in all my hurry (did that again this morning too). I searched all over: the bathroom, the play room, the floors, the diaper bag (twice). I decided to just get the kids in the car and go from there. And wouldn't you know, after I ran back inside to scour the place, I come out to find them sitting in the diaper bag which I already searched twice. Grrrr! I jumped in the car and drove away.

Now, here is the funny part.

I FORGOT MY STROLLER IN THE PARKING LOT!

I left it sitting right there and drove away.

And I didn't think about it until 4 days later...when I realized it was not in the trunk or the garage.

I started calling around to places I had been and lo and behold, it is waiting for me at the church.

I'm glad I can laugh about it.

So, anyone have a funny story to tell on yourself?

3 comments:

  1. hahaha that is really funny. i don't have a funny story, but i have forgotten parker's things quite often! once we went to church without his diaper bag or food (thankfully he did not get hungry). hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an eventful day! I remember having those days with littles, and I still misplace stuff all the time. Glad you were able to get your stroller back though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No stories nearly that funny to tell - but I got a good laugh out of this blog! Sounds like prego brain to me....is there something you're not telling us!?

    ReplyDelete