Monday, May 18, 2009

Celebrate

I have been wanting to blog every day for the past few days and I finally found some time.

Friday, the 15th was my 24th birthday. I don't feel any different, but it was fun to celebrate just the same.

The day before my birthday my mom took Aidan for the day so I could do this:



I hadn't had anything done to my hair in 6 months...so, I spent the morning getting a highlight, cut, and complementary hand and arm massage while I waited. It was wonderful!

After the pampered morning, I picked up Seth from work for a fun lunch at Panera. Yummy! Then, came home, layed in the sun for a little while, cleaned the bathroom, Aidan's room, and the hallway, went grocery shopping, met my mom, sister, and Aidan at the mall, shopped, but didn't buy anything, came home, and put Aidan to bed.

Seth had worship practice at church for the evening, but came home after work with these:



I spent the evening at home watching the Grey's Anatomy season finale and giving myself a manicure and pedicure. It was wonderful!

Ta dah!





Okay, so, my actual birthday was the following day, but Thursday was great!

My 24 year old self:



My mom came and spent the day with me Friday and we went to lunch at First Watch with the little bubbers. It was quite a busy lunch and we scarfed down our food so that Aidan wouldn't tear up the place. We tried to do a little shopping, but Aidan decided to protest, so we came home and relaxed instead.

My mom took Aidan for the evening so that Seth and I could go out though, and it was sooo fun. We shopped at Kohl's for a really long time and I bought some really cute New Balance shoes and a new bedding set.



The bedding is much more attractive in person, but here's a glimpse anyway. I will probably take a pic of the finished product when I am done ironing the bedskirt and shams.

We finished up the night at Olive Garden and then picked up the baby and went home.

Saturday morning, Seth made banana chocolate chip pancakes for us and we had a wonderful day shopping some more. We got a great new color for the office that I found in the OOPS paint at Home Depot. So excited about $5 gallons of paint! Aidan was a great little shopper and a little charmer everywhere we went.

Saturday night we had church and then came home and worked hard on the house.  We cleaned and cleaned until my feet almost fell off.

Woke up Sunday morning feeling sore and tired, but had to keep Aidan entertained while Seth went to church again. We took a long walk and played a lot. Aidan went down for a nap right before Seth got home, so we enjoyed a lovely leisurely lunch together, spent an hour in the sun, took a little nap, and then were off to Deanna Rose once Aidan woke up.

Aidan loved petting the goats!







Check out my new shoes in this pic! :) I love my boy!



A fun time was had by all and we really can't wait to go back again soon!

Well, that was my weekend. How was yours?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Krista, Wow you are so busy!! THat's just amazing to me. I'm amazed to think about how different life is when you are married and have kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics, krista!
    looks like you had a wonderful birthday!!

    thanks for your comment on sleeping and feeding schedules. i love reading about how other moms do things and find what works for them. i just got a copy of babywise, so we'll see if it inspires me to be on more of a schedule :)

    hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete