Friday, May 8, 2009

A blogworthy day

My oh my! What a day it has been!

This post goes out to my sweet husband who learned early on not to ask "What do you do all day?"

Just in case you've been wondering....here's what we did (from Aidan's perspective):

When I woke up, I drank my bottle like I always do while Mommy rocked me. Mommy took me downstairs for breakfast, but I didn't want to sit very long in my high chair. When Mommy cleaned me up I decided it would be fun to take all my alphabet magnets off the refrigerator and throw them downstairs. I just noticed that there is a room down there that I never go to. It is full of boxes and other things, and I would really like to explore it, but I think that throwing my magnets will have to do for now. I still had a fever today, so I wanted to cuddle with Mommy a lot. I really love sucking my thumb and holding my blankie and Mommy has been letting me do that a lot since I have been sick.

So, we did a lot of this today:



Excuse the Mommy in the above picture...she was sans makeup at the time. Oh wait, and still is. :)

I got tired after Mommy took me on a walk and I slept for a little while. When I woke up I was very very hungry. Mommy tried to give me some food, but I just did not want to sit still and eat. I just wanted to play. While Mommy was trying to clean up the kitchen I decided to be sneaky and go up the stairs without Mommy. She caught me and I got in trouble. I needed to cry for awhile to feel better about it. Mommy is very nice, but she does not give in to my disobedience. After getting permission from Mommy to go upstairs, I decided to pull things apart in the office while Mommy was talking to Daddy. It is fun to be naughty while Mommy is busy.

Then, Mommy had the grand idea to find the froggie pool she bought on clearance last fall, so we found the pool and she blew it up.  I didn't know what to think about it all, but it looked interesting. Mommy made me go inside while she tried to fill it with warm water from the kitchen. She was carrying big bowls of water back and forth and she spilled a lot of it on herself and the kitchen floor. I cried because I thought she was going to leave me inside forever. While Mommy was filling up the water, I decided to be sneaky again and get in the kichen cabinets even though I know that I am not supposed to. While Mommy was standing at the sink I grabbed the coffee pot from inside the cabinet and it shattered all over the floor. Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but Mommy was not too happy about it. She put me in my crib and I cried. After Mommy cleaned up the mess and finished filling the pool up, she got me ready to go swimming. It was a long process and I didn't know if we would ever go outside.

Mommy put me in the water and I thought it was kinda fun. But then she sat me in it and I was not happy at all. She bribed me with some toys, but I hated the pool.

Here I am looking happy to be in the pool



Don't let this fool you, I really did not like it one bit.

I was so happy to get out.



Wait, did someone say happy?



Mommy told me to take a nap when we came inside, but I didn't really want to listen. It took me quite awhile to obey, but I finally fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Krista! I have had days like this! My heart goes out big time.
    At the same time, this totally made me laugh :-) Your little boy is TOO cute. I hope his fever breaks soon...

    ReplyDelete