Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Days

After joining Pinterest (an AMAZING site that lets you "pin" ideas on different boards, follow, get inspired, and whatnot) I happened upon 100 days of summer by Amy Clark. If you have no idea whatsoever about Pinterest, you either need to run the other direction or get an invite from me to join. Love it!

Anyway, Amy "pinned" 100 different activities to do during the summer and completely inspired me to have a special something for each of our days...especially since Aidan will be going to preschool in the fall and we've been having "summer" for the last 3 years and 2 months of his life.

Monday we went to the zoo. It was hot. We spent most of our time in the birdhouse and aquarium. And, since very few others decided to brave the heat, I could let Aidan run wild without worrying about losing him. That's the upside to 95 degree weather.

Tuesday was library day. Oh library day, you make my heart smile.


Aidan loves reading books (or being read to shall I say). So, I love getting huge stacks of new books to read with him. Can I also say that I have currently checked out about 8 different craft/sewing/crochet books that are putting my creative juices on overdrive?

Today, I woke up with an aching back, little sleep (even though ironically the kids both slept through the night-something that hasn't happened in awhile), and a crummy attitude. So, we went, on a whim, to Panera for breakfast. Seth got me a gift card there for my b-day and I had expected to slowly spend it on as many chai tea lattes as I could, but I was nice and included my little ones on our outing this morning.


Aidan had a blast eating his chocolate chip bagel (a lesser treat than his desired cinnamon roll, but a little more manageable than the amount of sugar he would have consumed)

Oh, and see the unruly hair above? I promptly put him in the bathtub, gave him a sucker, and snipped away at it when we got home from breakfast. He is looking fresh and trim now.

After lunch we went to the mall to play and on a walk when Daddy got home. Then the kids got a bath and went to bed...

The baby LOVES her bath. She screams if you take her out when she is not ready. I think it is hilarious.

And for a completely random addition to this long post....

Love this pic of me and Aidan on Memorial Day weekend. We stopped to listen to some music at a local park.


The baby girl was not the best model for some of my new hat creations. Love this one, but couldn't get her to sit still for a picture. 

Caught the little miss playing happily between the couch and wall. This is her face upon discovery. {I had a sheet draped over the couch while Aidan had pink eye (which no else got...PTL!)}

Now to go enjoy some ice cream with fresh strawberries and peaches...at10 pm. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I've been hearing more and more about this pinterest. Will you invite me please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...sounds like your summer is turning out fun already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I want to join pinterest! I found another blog with something about it. Hope you are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete