Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A glimmer of sunshine...

Life has been challenging, I'm not going to lie. But I keep catching these small glimmers of sunshine in my days.

I am grateful, blessed, hopeful, and living with expectation for great things. And that makes all the difference.

I got a full 6 hour stretch of sleep last night, and I woke feeling so refreshed this morning. I didn't even make any coffee.

I enjoyed my kids, colored with Aidan, had little conversations...

When it became apparent that Nora was on a morning nap strike we loaded up in the car and went downtown to Earth Fare (the nearest natural foods store). We slowly browsed, picked up some goodies, and listened to a young man playing the violin. Aidan danced to the music, Nora smiled at all the customers. We picked out a cookie to share and sat and enjoyed the music some more. I gave Aidan a dollar to put in the jar for the young violinist. He beamed and told me, "He said thank you!" We loaded up and drove to Target. Nora finally slept on the way. We browsed some more, playing in the toy aisles before picking up a few items on my list. The kids were sweet and happy. Aidan was super talkative (a norm for him), but it was delightful in every way to me. When we got home Aidan went down for his nap and Nora giggled and played and fussed and fought sleep until just a few minutes ago.

Today I am just really enjoying my kids.

I think sleep really helps. And knowing that the Lord is on my side. I have nothing to fear.

1 comment: