Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer book reading

This summer I have been frequenting our local library and have read several interesting and inspiring books.



Escape was one of the first ones that I read and probably my favorite thus far. It is the account of one woman's journey of escape from the polygamist lifestyle. It is an absolutely gripping story and definitely one that you can't put down. It is disturbing at times and completely out of this world, but so eye opening to what is going on withing the polygamist communities. I learned a lot about how easily people can be encouraged to believe even the most insane ideas and be so blind in what seems so clear to other people. I would definitely recommend it.



Stolen Innocence was another book about a young girl growing up in polygamy and then later escaping. This book was not as interesting to me as the previous one, but still a very gripping story. I felt like it was not written as well, but I still enjoyed it.



Left To Tell is another personal story about one woman's experience during the Rwandan "holocaust". She was stuck in a bathroom with several other women for a few months and because of her experience she has a lot to say about the power of prayer. It is a very interesting and easy read. I think I read this in one evening. I would highly recommend it as well.

There are several other books I am currently reading and will review when I am finished with them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment