Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I win!

Last night I received the following email notice:

Dear Krista–

CONGRATULATIONS!  You are our Grand Prize Winner.  

I am pleased to announce that you won the gaming console, Wii® of our Father’s Day Contest, “Championship Fathering.”  I will tell you that it was very difficult choosing a winner, but your writing really captured the incredible impact your father left not only on you but your family for generations to come.  What a champion he is!  Thanks for sharing his story with our community.  

We will be posting your name and winning entry within the community as outlined in our official rules.  

I wrote an essay about my dad and entered it in a Father's Day contest. I don't normally do these things, but my mom encouraged me to do it and I thought my dad would enjoy reading what I wrote. I printed it out and gave it to my dad for Father's Day and it was a big hit...tears and all. I totally forgot that they were going to announce a winner on the 30th so I was completely stunned to see the email above. I won! I wrote to honor my dad and now I win a prize. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment