Sunday, November 9, 2008

A life update

Aidan is napping, Seth reading, I am sitting downstairs after a warm shower and a belly full of french toast and peppermint coffee (compliments of my wonderful husband), and all feels right in the world.

A lot has been happening in the Simmons' household: Aidan is crawling and got his first tooth on Thursday, I got a second part-time job that starts this week (so excited!), and we are taking the first steps toward possibly purchasing our first home (got approved for a loan this week).

Rewinding for a second....

On Tuesday, November 4th, we went as family to go vote. Aidan even joined in on the fun and "helped" Daddy select some of the candidates on the computer screen. We thought it was good for him to learn how to be an active citizen of the United States. :)



Only a few days later, I found Aidan experiencing his newest freedom. I think our lives are going to change in a big way now. The mess below took all of 2 minutes.



On Thursday night, Seth and I had a lovely date night at Main Street Cafe where we saw Ali Rogers, Waterdeep, Sandra McCracken, and Derek Webb. Thanks, babe!

Friday, I had the interview for my new job and spent the evening with my family. Grandmother and Bob came to visit and we had a wonderful time with them that evening and again on Saturday.

Bob made this horse for Aidan. What an absolute amazing gift he has!



Aidan was super enthusiastic about showing off his new talents and kept us laughing with his "new" take on crawling.



Aidan also really loves to stand up and we couldn't help but capture this sweet image of him standing on the barstool in my parent's kitchen. (Don't worry we only jumped out of the picture for like 2 seconds)



Aidan really loved Grandmother and Bob coming to see him and loved his new rocking horse.



And last but not least... my beautiful sister and I!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of him crawling and standing!! What a cutie! A new job..how exciting. What will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete