Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Crazy day, napless Aidan, and bacon frying

So, I have two jobs.

What was I thinking?!!?!!

It has definitely been an adjustment to us all and I am honestly amazed how I do it.  Just two nights ago, Seth and I were in bed reading...it was early (9:30ish) and I felt energized...but the next thing I know, I am waking up and Seth is tucking me in and turning out the lights. What??? I am the worst sleeper on the planet and never fall asleep like that. It definitely made me realize how much my life takes out of me.

This is what the day was like today:

7:00-Aidan wakes up yelling. I get up and make a bottle, go upstairs, and feed him.

7:30-Aidan is crying in his exersaucer and wants to be held.

8:30-Aidan is still wanting to be held and will not play by himself.

9:00-Aidan is finally down for a nap and I scramble to get myself ready for the day and clean up the kitchen.

9:45-Mom arrives to take care of Aidan.

10:15-Leave for work.

10:30-Arrive at work, start doing laundry, tidy the bedrooms, and take the trash out.

11:30-Grocery shopping for the family I work for.

12:30-Back from shopping, put groceries away, do more laundry, eat a little lunch, clean out the entire fridge and wash all the shelves and bins.

1:30-Mom calls and tells me that Aidan won't nap

1:45-Fold laundry and put away in rooms.

2:30-Cut up apples for the kids after school snack.

2:45-Leave to pick up kids from school.

3:00-Aidan still not napping.

3:20-Drop boys off and take McKinzie to the pet store to buy fish food.

3:45-Arrive at my second job.

5:15-Finish training, take McKinzie home.

5:20: Aidan still awake.

5:30-6:30-Make dinner for the F. family. French toast and bacon. Having never fried bacon before it was an interesting task.

6:45-Arrive home to a teething baby that has not napped all day. Change him, feed him, give him Tylenol, rock him, sing to him, lay him in bed.

7:15-Eat dinner.

7:45- Blog about my day.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is bless your heart!! You are more of a woman than I am to take on all of that! Whew, I'm tired just reading about it all. Hope Aidan sleeps better today.

    ReplyDelete