Monday, September 29, 2008

Contentment is the key...

...to happiness. I have been thinking a lot lately about being content in all situations. There are several things that I am tempted to be ungrateful for or sometimes I even envy what others have that I don't. I am learning to be thankful in all things...even the things that don't seem so great. Our faucets in the downstairs bathroom and kitchen broke...so no warm water to wash dishes and bottles, or warm up those bottles. Frustrating. There is, however, warm water upstairs in our bathroom. And while I am not going to tote all my dishes up there, I can bring some water down to mess with the bottles. I am thankful I have water...because some do not. So even if it is not flowing out of all 3 sinks like I would like it to be, it is there, and I am choosing to be grateful.

I am grateful for so many things today:

-water, my sweet little boy, food to eat, a car that runs, a house to live in, my family, knowing that God knows my needs, being able to trust in His unfailing love

How could you not be thankful for this sweet face?


No comments:

Post a Comment