Wednesday, November 6, 2013

So They Say...Funny Stuff I Don't Want to Forget

Nora was playing with a decorative cross that was sitting outside next to our koi pond. She looked up and said, "This is where Jesus died."

Nora praying one day as we got in the car (after a particularly not so great day full of naughtiness and my wrong responses): "Dear God, help us to be kind and good and that everybody can play on the Kindle." :)

Aidan was walking around the house with a stud finder. He put it on Enna and exclaimed, "This thing thinks Enna is made of wood!"

Asked Nora what happened to her face (there was a scratch on her forehead). She replied (sung to the tune of Jingle Bells) "Aidan, Aidan, Aidan all the way!"

Nora adding "d" to the end of things:
Do you want some root beerd?
It's a dinosaurd!
Juice makes my bottom sored.

Aidan explaining Gobstoppers:
"They get lighter and then they lose their strength."

I asked Nora what the snake's name was in the Garden of Eden. Her reply? "I don't know....naughty words?"

Nora asked me if we could pet animals at the zoo. I said, "No, I don't think so." She asked, "Are they fragile?" Aidan piped in and said, "Just the females!"

Nora stated after she had been punished: "My eyebrows are pouting!" (she often furrows her eyebrows when unhappy)

Aidan told Nora that her drawings of people did not look like people so he drew one of his own to show her how. She looked at his drawing and said, "That looks like a cricket!"

Awhile back I had told a story about my Grandma getting confused thinking a bar of soap she was given as a gift was supposed to be edible. She was gnawing on it and then exclaimed that it was soap and we all thought it was so hilarious. I don't remember directly telling this to the children, but they must have overheard because about a month later I was telling Nora not to eat toothpaste (she was sneaking in the bathroom during the day) and she replied, without missing a beat, "You said a Grandmother ate soap last day." I cracked up laughing and was shocked at her response.

Nora was walking behind Seth at the grocery store and he let out some gas (quietly). That girl has quite a nose and she loudly exclaimed, "Daddy, you have a stinky bottom!"



No comments:

Post a Comment