Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth of July

We had a really great holiday this year. Firstly, Seth and I went out to a bed and breakfast the night of the 3rd and had a nice little "last" getaway. Then, we met up with the kids and Seth's parents and spent the afternoon at the pool.

We decided it would be fun to head out to a local event and watch fireworks in the evening. It was a definite hit with the kids. There was live music and they loved dancing around in the grass while we waited for it to get dark.




I was so glad that the weather was cooler and less humid than it's been. Here's my 37 week belly which seems to get bigger by the day!

Nora was so sweet and sat reading books on the blanket for a little while. Then, she danced once the music started. I love the second photo of her loving on her little baby and dancing with her. This little girl is going to love having a baby sister, she just doesn't realize it yet!



Aidan and Seth played a lot of frisbee while we waited. While Aidan is still figuring out how to catch a frisbee, he is really good at throwing and much better than I am (which honestly isn't saying a whole lot, but still, he's only 5). :)



The fireworks lasted for about 20 minutes. It was really fun and the kids LOVED them this year. We've had some iffy years of fearfulness and uncertainty, but this is the first year I can definitely say they both loved the experience. As I'm typing this Aidan said, "Are those the fireworks? I hope I can see them again someday."




No comments:

Post a Comment