Monday, March 19, 2012

One of the worst days of my life...


Well, since I last wrote on this blog, a lot has happened. Most specifically, we all got hit with a horrible stomach virus that took us out for a good 36 hours.

I went to bed feeling a little off. Couldn't sleep and then started emptying my stomach contents around 1am. I kept going through the night and Seth joined in around 5am.

I didn't have any sleep the whole night, neither one of us could keep down water, and I didn't have a clue how we were going to take care of the kids. Nora woke up around 8:30 and when I went in her room I found her covered from head to toe in her own vomit. I know, gross. Her bed was even worse. I had to run to the bathroom before I could get her out and get her bathed. Luckily, that was it for her and she was happy and hungry all day.

Seth and I took turns sitting on the couch or lying in bed, while the kids watched tv, ate crackers all day (we were too sick to make them any food), and completely destroyed the living room. I wish I had felt better and took more pictures of the house because it was surely a sight to behold. We couldn't do anything. Even resting made my body and head hurt and it was the most miserable day. I remember looking at the clock at 6pm and thinking, I just have to make it 2 more hours before these kids go to bed. It was a LONG two hours, but they went to sleep and then we collapsed into bed.


1 comment: