Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More Is Better

I am realizing every day the importance of siblings. I can't imagine if we had only one child. And I don't know how many more we will have, but I am so grateful that these two have each other.

It can really depend on the day, but most of the days around here are not all that lovely or sweet. Some are intermixed with hugs and kisses for each other and then screams, cries, and taking of toys. But the days where there is a steady stream of laughter and enjoyment of each other just about bring me to tears (happy tears that is).

The kids have both been sick. They are snotty, cranky, suffering from ear infections, and the nasty side effects of antibiotics on their little bodies. That basically means that this mamma is rolling her sleeves up, wearing messy clothes, and trying not to worry about anything but getting through these days. Aidan has been staying home from school, so we've had a lot more time with just the 3 of us than we normally do.

We stayed in our p.j.'s today. It was nice and lazy. About midmorning, I heard giggles coming from my room and I went to see what the two munchkins were doing. They had barricaded themselves in a corner between my dresser and the wall (where I stack all my old magazines) and had stuffed pillows up as a little door. The lighting was horrible, but I managed to snap a few photos. They stayed in there for awhile, sitting next to each other, laughing, and holding hands at times. It was absolute sweetness.







And then they rolled out onto the pillows. These photos are horrendous because they were a quick take to capture the moment. I think I'll keep these forever to remember their silliness though.




I also found them (actually, I heard them) in the bathtub playing. It was empty and they were in their clothes dancing and laughing.

Then later again they were on Aidan's bed bouncing. (I nearly had a heart attack) I heard them laughing, but figured they were just having a good time in Aidan's room and didn't want to interfere. When I did go in there I was shocked to find Nora on Aidan's queen size bed. I think she probably got up almost all the way and then Aidan helped her. I am definitely going to have to keep my eye on those two. Aidan did tell me that he was "watching her and making sure she wouldn't fall." I was so relieved. :) Not. He was also jumping into her and pushing her against the wall which she didn't mind one bit.

This is how they ended the day.... playing in the sandbox....and then later playing with Halloween candy. Who would have thought that we could have so much fun with candy? Aidan has been dumping it out and putting it in various places and containers and then putting it back again without even asking to eat any. Nora had fun helping him tonight, but she was trying to hide some pieces to snack on later. :)



I am so blessed to have these two precious children. I can't wait to watch them grow up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment