Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

We had a wonderfully blessed Christmas. Seth's parents came to visit and stayed for 5 nights. We really enjoyed having family with us because we had thought we would be spending it all alone this year. It was a wee bit cramped in our 2 bedroom apartment and Aidan came down with an ear infection, but it was altogether quite nice. Aidan was a little overly excited about the "fresents" and wanted more and more (we are working on our manners).
Nora was as sweet and happy as usual. She has a remarkable ability to smile even when she is not particularly happy. We decided to start sleep training during the holiday because she had started a bad pattern of being up until 11:30 at night again. It was hard for me to hear her cry, but the results have been great so far and she is currently going down for naps with minimal to no fussing and she has gone to bed at 8pm the last 2 nights. It has been great for me!
We were able to spend some time outdoors and enjoy some nice weather before it got too cold. We also attended a Christmas Eve service at a church that we have been visiting for some time. The weather turned quite frigid and we even got some snow Christmas night and all the next day.
I always enjoy baking during the holidays even if it means lots of mess to clean up afterward. I made our traditional Christmas breakfast of chocolate chip cinnamon rolls and we had a non-traditional Christmas dinner of butternut bisque and bierocks. I also made gingerbread men with Aidan which has been another tradition for our little family. He loves to "help" me roll them out...and then enjoys eating them too. (p.s. excuse my messy kitchen--it was quite cluttery in our apartment and I was busy nursing my baby and feeding everyone else to care much about keeping everything cleaned up)

Now it is time to get back into shape and stop eating all the leftover Christmas goodies! 30 Day Shred, here I come!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment