Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Melancholy feelings and a busy day

Today, I feel a little melancholy. I am done nursing/pumping. While part of this decision has completely overjoyed me, there is a part that makes me feel like my little one is not so little anymore. Yes, he still drinks milk, but it's not my milk...and that makes me a little sad. If he had been a good nurser and if we didn't have so many issues, I would still be going strong now. But, that is just not the case. For the past few months, I was nursing Aidan once a day and pumping the rest of the time. I really miss those early morning nursing times with him cuddlde close to me. I will never have that with him again. Thus, the melancholy feelings.

Yesterday, however, was an exciting day! I bought a Peg Perego highchair off of Craigslist and I love it! I am so happy to finally have a highchair for Aidan because he does not like to sit in the Bumbo anymore. Mealtimes were really beginning to be quite the hassle. He has already sat in it 3 times and seems to enjoy it too. Yay! I will have to post a picture of my big boy.  We also sold Seth's Honda and bought his dad's Mercury Tracer...we were happy with how the entire process went so smoothly and we are now the owners of a little bit less of a junk car. :) We still very much need a good car for our family and are praying for some wisdom in purchasing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment